Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good bye.

So strange.

After parting with my team today, only saying a proper goodbye to the attending because I'll see the fellow again tomorrow to pick up a letter she's writing for me I went to get the signed confirmation that I'll need for my medschool and turn in my pager. After that, I went up to Brainy's office to say goodbye to her, arriving at the same time as the heart failure team that wanted to round. But Brainy was on the phone anyway and they let me trade goodbyes with her before they started.

It was only after I left her office that I started feeling sad. Like they always say .. you never know what you have until you lose it. Working here was fun. I've pretty much decided not to come to the United States permanently - but that certainly wasn't for the work environment.

Walking down those halls in my terribly ugly short white coat towards the exit for the very last time even choked a heartless person like me up a little. And as if in agreement, a hot summer rain had started just around this time.

No comments: